Saturday 10 May 2014

Divaderme Lash Extender Review

I wasn't going to start my blog off with a beauty review simply because I think I want to post more about my life than about products but I'm so happy with my little present from the postman this morning that I can't not write about this! 

I have so many makeup products that I love, but the one thing I can never seem to get right is mascara. I'm yet to find one that makes my lashes look as nice and as long I'd like. My lashes aren't the worst in the world but they are a little short and not very full. I've seen lash fibers before but a lot of the ones I've seen have been quite expensive and have had mixed reviews. I didn't want to risk splashing out on something that might make my lashes clumpy and spidery. 


However, I was having a little look around Amazon a few nights ago and I found this product: Divaderme lash extender. I'll admit it was kind of an impulse buy and I wasn't really expecting much but it arrived this morning and I'm so happy with the results! It cost me £8.42. I think the price is reasonable compared to other lash fibers I've seen. Personally I think it is worth the price, the bottle looks quite small but you actually get a lot of product for what it is and I think it'll last a long time. 


The bottle is filled with fibers which are essentially tiny little hairs that cling to the eyelashes to give the appearance of longer, fuller lashes. The instructions say to apply the product whilst looking down into a mirror in order to prevent fall down. There is a lot of fall down, personally I don't think that applying it this way would help too much. I think when using this the best option is to apply your eye makeup before your face makeup. 


Application

First of all you need to coat your lashes in  mascara, the instructions state that it is important that the mascara is runny and wet, not one that may have dried up slightly. I used The Body Shop Big and Curvy Mascara as I find this to be runny. It's not a mascara that I love but I've found that it worked well with the fibers because of its consistency.Then, whilst the mascara is still wet, apply the lash fibers to the lashes, particularly on the ends, using rolling motions. Then use a mascara of your choice over the top of the fibers to set your lashes in place for the day and prevent fall down. I used Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara. Finally, brush away any fall down with a fluffy brush.


Without Lash Fibers                         With Lash Fibers

Above is a picture of the results I achieved. On the left I applied only two coats of mascara without using Divaderme Lash Extender, First The Body Shop Big and Curvy Mascara and then Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara for the second coat.
On the right is the result i got whilst using Divaderme Lash Extender, applying it in the way I just talked about. I applied it on my top and bottom lashes.

 As I said, I wasn't expecting much but it worked so well! It has made my lashes longer, fuller and blacker without looking clumpy. I think I'll be using this most days. It isn't time consuming, it only takes a few minutes. You can either just use one layer to get a quite natural look or you can build up the layers by simply repeating the process to achieve a more dramatic, false lash effect. I've been wearing it for most of the day now and it doesn't feel like anything has fallen in my eyes and there hasn't been any fall down. 

If you have short lashes I really think you should give lash fibers a go! 



xxx





4 comments:

  1. Woop woop first post em bems, super excited to see more <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, excited to write more! xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the way you write your blog! Might try this mascara out, is it easy to remove?xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and yes it is easy to remove xx

      Delete