Saturday 14 June 2014

Get to Know Me: The Beauty Blogger Tag


I really like reading beauty blogger tags - I think they give you a little more insight to the person behind the blog. I found this tag on Novarellie.


1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?


It's naturally straight, which is good because I don't have to straighten it everyday. Although, I'm on a constant search for products to add volume!


2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?


I used to dye it with box dyes a lot, It's just so much cheaper than the salon. Since about a year ago, I've decided to just keep my natural colour. Although about a week ago I dyed it slightly lighter at the ends, kind of a subtle ombré- it's got me feeling ready for summer.



3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?


Most days I don't do anything to my hair. But I only wash it once or twice a week so when it starts getting unmanageable i usually just throw it up in a bun.



4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?


I've never actually had my nails done in a salon, I love to paint my nails and I'm always buying new polishes that I want to try.



5. How often do you change your nail polish?


I usually change it once it starts to chip- usually every 4-6 days.


6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?


My toes are always painted! They look weird to me now if they're not. Let's be honest, toes aren't the prettiest things in the world- a bit of colour makes them look so much nicer.



7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?


It can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 50 minutes. It really depends on the occasion. On an everyday basis, it takes me 15-30 minutes. I know for some people that's a long time, but I do enjoy taking time to do my makeup!


8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?

I usually do my foundation, then my eye makeup, then go back and do the rest of my face.



9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?

I go out to buy what I need and then once i'm in the shop I see lots of other things that I 'need' and they get added to my collection.


10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?

Only if I'm going out in the evening/ if it's a special occassion.



11. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?


If I'm just staying at home or nipping to the shop I don't tend to put makeup on. Maybe sometimes bb cream, brow gel and mascara. Most days I do usually wear a full face. although a lot of the time it's a full face of 'no makeup' makeup- which often ends up taking just as long/longer than normal makeup application! Does anyone else find this? 



12. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family?


Rarely



13. Will you leave the house without makeup?


Yes, I don't mind nipping out without it on. But I'll admit that if I had to be out bare faced all day I'd start to feel self conscious.


14. How many high-end products do you have?


I have mostly drugstore. High end foundations and eye shadows are my weakness though.


15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?


It depends where I'm going. I usually have a vague idea of what I'm going to wear.



16. How often do you change your handbag?


When I think I need a new one I suppose, not that often.


17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?


I usually go to sleep between 10:30pm and 1:30pm. I get distracted from sleep by the internet! I usually wakeup around 9-10am.



18. How often or when do you workout?


When I'm into it I try and run 3 times a week and do some strength exercises most nights. I haven't been doing it for months now though since I stopped during exams! I definitely need to get back into it before my holiday.


19. Left handed or right handed?


Left


20. How tall are you?


5'3.5 I think.


21. Do you speak any foreign languages?

I studied French A level until last year and I knew it pretty well. It's crazy how fast you can forget a language once you stop studying it, I can't speak it very well at all anymore.



22. How many pets do you have?


2- I have a King Charles Spaniel called Charlie and a cat called Tom.



23. How often are you on Blogger?


I've only recently started blogging but I check it every few days at the moment.



24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?


I've only had comments from my friend Hannah so far but of course I'll read every comment I get.


25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?


No I've never thought of doing that! It sounds like a good idea.


26. How did you come up with your blog name?


I wanted to write a blog about my life, which (most of the time) is lovely- emslovelylife. I've only really posted about beauty so far but I'm going to try and write more about my life!



27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?


I use a Lumix G10.


28. How often do you clean your house?


I live with my parents so I only really clean the house if I've made a mess. I clean my room whenever it needs it.


29. What's your favorite color?


Green


30. What is your favorite drugstore/high end makeup brand?


Drugstore- Bourjois
High end- MAC


31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?


I think I'm going to paint my nails and just watch a film or something!



That's the end of the tag! I tag everyone who reads this post, so give it a go if you liked it!




xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment